Thursday, January 26, 2017

#1 The Ocean

The Ocean


The ocean. The feeling. The sound of the crashing waves and the touch of mist against skin. The sweet whistling of a blade as it flies through the air.
My mind isn't as friendly these days as it was in the past. “Can't you hear it? It's calling. It's calling for you. Can't you go to it and leave me alone?” Maybe it's calling for you, darling Glory. One can never know what, exactly, is happening when it has to do with these divine revelations.
“Of course. You're right, you always are. I just wish I knew what I was supposed to do when it comes to these things.” I don't see talking to the darkness as a dangerous thing. After all, it's only dangerous when the darkness begins to talk back. Come on Glory, wasn't there something you were supposed to do?
“Was there? I can't remember. Do you suppose it was important?” Don't worry, if it was, it'll come back to you eventually, you just need to give it time. “Correct again, I see. I guess we'll just have to wait until the thought wanders it's way back across my mind.” I suppose.


But it won't go away. My thoughts are going crazy, and my mind is flinging itself around trying to make sense of something so far out of its reach, on such a different level, that it has to make you wonder if it's human. Are these thoughts human? They seem purely animalistic. But that doesn't capture it all. These thoughts are bullies, thugs. Those words make the issue seem light, but really, it just means I can't think of something that will fully express what I'm trying to get across. They're like a brother who take things too far. Like when he locked you in the closet, and then promptly forgot about you a minute later and you ended up hungry and alone and wishing someone, anyone, could find you in your cold, black prison. But is it really? I think you enjoy these thoughts. You must, or else you wouldn't talk back to them, to the darkness. You can't fight the truth.


“Stop!” I can't take it anymore. There are ways to avoid this kind of thing, aren't there? Please save me. I don't want to be stuck in here anymore. I can't endure this kind of torture for much longer. The sounds of the ocean get louder, the rushing in my ears taking over my mind and throwing me off track once again.
“Save me.” What a pathetic sounding voice, scratchy and raw from all the pleading and crying it's been doing all its life. “Get me out of here, please!” But maybe… Just maybe. That might be a good idea. What's there to live for anyway? Nothing. There's absolutely nothing.


The room was quiet. There were many times over the years when this silent stillness would take over, and it never meant anything good. It's an empty kind of silence that always leaves something to be desired. “Is this really what I want?” But does it really matter what you want? You can NEVER win. There's no way for this to end except my way.

The room wasn't silent anymore. The whimpering noises coming from the corner filled up the emptiness like the ocean, and the darkness, fills my mind. “Are you hurt? Do you need help? I can help you.” Don't lie to yourself Glory, you know that there's no coming back from this. You're gone forever.

39 comments:

  1. I like the reasoning behind the story, it was enjoyable and relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the detail given in this story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very in depth! And very descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an amazing story, it showed true emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's was a great way to symbolize what goes on in their mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how in depth it was, it was really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this story a lot. There were very good details, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the story it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of detail, loved it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the detail in this story

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting read and showed lots of emotion

    ReplyDelete
  12. The detail that goes into this story is amazing. Great Story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the detail in this story. It also shows deep emotions. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the emotions behind the story. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the metaphor of the ocean and the corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how the person is talking to themself, it's something everyone can relate to

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like Dill said, DeAp

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you used personification for the darkness, the ocean, and Glory's thoughts: "My thoughts are going crazy, and my mind is flinging itself around trying to make sense of something so far out of its reach, on such a different level, that it has to make you wonder if it's human." It really helps the reader connect with the text.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of detail and very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great story and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I made a typo. But as I was saying, I really appreciate how well you captured Glory's thoughts. You put us as the readers in Glorys mind, leaving us knowing as much as she did. It was a very well written story.

      Delete
  22. You show the conflict between someone and their thoughts really well

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the thoughts you used in the story

    ReplyDelete
  24. They way you controlled the characters thought really made the story interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. good details in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great thoughts, very relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great detail, i like how you included all the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I liked how you managed to keep the characters thoughts straight, and how it played out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved how the reader is thrown into the thoughts of the character.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The dialog in the story was great along with the whole story I loved the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like the amount of detail you included.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the details you put in the story

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great sorry way to think

    ReplyDelete
  34. Glory's thoughts made me feel emotions.

    ReplyDelete