Thursday, January 26, 2017

#3 My Friday Night

My Friday Night 

It was a Friday night, nothing too special or anything. But that night, me and a few friends decided to go to a local bar to talk about our lives since we haven't been able to get together recently because our lives have been a little crazy. For me, the craziness in my life was my 26th birthday 2 weeks ago, and mom being told she had dementia. Me and my dad have pretty much known for a while, but we just got the official verdict from the doctor. That was about a month and a half ago. My parents live about 5 houses down the street from me, so she would always come over to my house and wait up for me like I was a child or something. I love her to death, but it is a little annoying. Sometimes I wish I never gave her a key.

And the bar we were going to, was about 8 blocks from my house. So I figured that since I haven’t been able to get my exercise daily before I got my new job, which severely messed up my life schedule, that I might as well walk. I also, brought my german shepard along, so he could stay at the overnight dog facility in town. He is pretty old, about 16 years now. I've had him since my 11th birthday. They take care of him down there and make sure he gets good attention for a dog his age. His vet said it should help improve his life and make him live a little longer.

After I dropped my dog off, I walked about 150 feet and I felt that I was being followed. I casually looked over my shoulder, and to my surprise, nobody was there. So I just marked that down as me being crazy. Then I never had that feeling the rest of the walk down to the bar. I was there for about 3 to 4 hours. It was a good time, me and my old friends got to forget about our problems for a few hours, and just talk with some new people but, sadly, I had to leave.

I was making my way home in my slightly drunken state, when I realized, I had forgotten about my works softball game that night. “Too late now,” I mumbled to myself. I had all my stuff out waiting on my stairs of my house. “I’ll just tell them I didn’t feel well and forgot to call.” “Yeah, sounds believable,” I thought to myself.

So when I finally made my way home and made it to my front door, I noticed it was slightly open. Most people would panic, but this was typical for me some nights. My mother would come over to wait for me or want to talk, then slowly leave afterwards and not lock or shut the door entirely. When I shut the door behind me, I looked to the little table to my left. There was the rest of the cake from my 26th birthday cake there. I heard footsteps upstairs. It was probably my mom getting up from the guest bed. She would stay there sometimes when I was not home and she was waiting. I called my dad, it was 1:07am. “Hello,” he groaned. “Hey dad,” I said while walking up toward the stairs, “ya know mom is at my place, right?” “That’s impossible, she is right next to me.”

I was halfway up the stairs at that point and almost fell over when he said that. Because right after he said it, I could make out the shape of a person’s head peering around the railing at the top.

“Michael? Are you still there?” My dad asked. I didn’t say anything, I just turned around and ran out of my house, down the street to my parent’s house to be greeted by a very worried and confused mother. My dad and I called the cops and went back to my house. Two cops went into my house to investigate while my dad and I waited with another cop. It seemed like months until they came back out and said it was all clear.

Since that night, my dad and I agreed it is best for mom not to come over by herself anymore. This does make me sad, but also a little relieved. I have trouble sleeping some nights too. But I also have a feeling that the guy never left, and he is still hidden, somewhere inside my house.

40 comments:

  1. Good story! Nice detail and very suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a good story. The way it transitioned from things was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the suspense builds to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite suspenseful and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how casual it was at first and then how it got intense. Really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of suspense built up, great story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice story suspenseful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very suspenseful really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had great detail, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good detail and very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the build up, and how the beginning facts made the ending much more creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really good, great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This story had a great build up and introduction, which made the story very interesting, and easy to follow along, and had a great plot line in general!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a very suspenseful story

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the suspense

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very suspenseful story, very good build up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was really suspenseful and great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really good and very suspenseful

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very Suspenseful! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked it. The ending was great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. By far most suspenseful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job with the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very suspenseful. I like how the mom played such a big roll.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think I would ever go back in that house! It makes me wonder if that was a real person or if Michael has the beginnings of dementia? I like how it makes you wonder about these things at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Had me on the edge of my seat. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I could visualize the part when he saw someone peaking round the corner. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really liked how you included the mom had dimensia, and how that was a big part in the story

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great detail and suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very suspenseful, good details.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I liked this story a lot. I would have been to scared to go back in the house. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  33. High quality, very suspenseful

    ReplyDelete
  34. The story was very well detailed and very suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the amount of suspense in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The suspense was good. But it could just be the friendly neighborhood serial killer.

    ReplyDelete