Tuesday, January 31, 2017

#15 The Night That Ended My Life

The Night That Ended My Life
“Is she okay?”  
“OMG what happened?!”
“Come on let's leave before the cops get here!”
“What should we do! Where should we go!”
“We’re all going to get in trouble!”
“This wasn't supposed to happen.”

7 hours earlier…
It was a nice and sunny Friday morning. I woke up when a breeze came through my window. I looked in the mirror and I knew it was going to be a great day, because there is a party tonight that I’ve been looking forward to for ages. I put my makeup on, did my hair, and changed into my school clothes, then walked downstairs. When I got downstairs my mom was making me and my brother breakfast.
“Good morning sweetie, how’d you sleep?” Asked my mom.
“Great!” I exclaimed. While I ate my breakfast I checked my phone and realized I had a message from my best friend, Brooke. I read the message that said,  “I’m so excited for tonight! I’ll see you at school.” I instantly smiled and replied to her. Once I got done eating, I had to take my brother to school. I dropped him off and said goodbye and then went to my school. When I got out of my car, Brooke came up to me with my boyfriend, Christian.
“Hi babe,” Christian said. I smiled and told him how my night was and, then we started to walk to class, and before I knew it it was lunch time. We went to our normal table and talked about the party and who was all going to be there, everyone in our school was talking about it.
“I don’t know why you guys are so excited for this party, it is going to be like every other party,” Christian said.
“Babe you don’t get it. Brooke and I have something planned for tonight. It'll be epic!” I said with a smile on my face.
“Whatever,” said Christian with a not so amused face.
After lunch I went to the second half of the day classes. Once school was over I went to Brooke’s house to get ready for the party. I redid my makeup, hair, and changed into different clothes. Time flew at Brooke's, and before I knew it it was time to leave.
I got to the party, which was at Rick’s house, and there was already a ton of people there. I went inside and talked to all of my friends, and meet up with Christian. Brooke and I were so ready for our scam that we had planned on Ana. Our plan is to show everyone a video we found of her and embarrass her. She always has done bad stuff to us and it’s time for payback.
I sat down on the couch in the living room and saw that she had just walked in so I got up and put in the DVD and pressed play. Everyone in the room turned and started to watch the video of her. Her face got so red, and suddenly tears sprang from her face. She ran outside by the pool and Brooke and I followed.
“Why did you do this to me?" asked Ana.
“You don’t get why we did this? We did it because you have always been the person to try to bring us down. You’re always around when bad things happen to us, and all the rumors you spread about us,” I stated. She started to come toward me so I pushed her down by the pool, and then all of the sudden I see blood. The blood was coming from her head. She hit her head on the ground, and she stopped moving.
“Ana?” I asked with confusion in my voice. She didn’t reply I went to turn her over and her eyes weren't open.
“Is she okay?”  
“OMG what happened?!”
“Come on let's leave before the cops get here!”
“What should we do! Where should we go!”
“We’re all going to get in trouble!” Everyone started to rush to get out of the house.
“This wasn’t the plan, this wasn’t supposed to happen,” I said while I started to cry.
“Let’s go!” yelled Christian.
“I can't just leave her, I have to wait for the cops,” I said while tears ran down my face. I couldn't believe what had just happened, all we wanted to do was embarrass her not physically hurt her. I started to hear the cop car siren, and then I knew that that was the night that ruined my life.

3 years later

My life has changed completely. I had probation and got in a ton of trouble. Ana ended up in a coma for a month. While she was in a coma, I didn't know how serious it had gone. Before all this happened I didn't care about what happened to other people from my actions. Now I realize that anything and everything someone does affects another person someway, somehow.


38 comments:

  1. What a valuable (and hard) lesson to learn! I'm so glad that the narrator stayed with Ana when everyone else wanted to leave. She did the right thing, even though it would have been easier to run. No one wins in these situations; I think many can relate to how both characters felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like it could be a real life situation. Great lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this story has a valuable lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very valuable lesson being taught here. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how the author emphasized how normal the main character's day was, it made the incident so much more jarring. What happened to Ana, the "scam" if you will, really could have happened. And it's very interesting to see that deep down the main character still cared and chose to stay by Ana. I liked this story a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lesson to be learned from this story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good story that shows how karma can effect you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good moral pointed out at the end there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice lesson, and great story. I like how you started in the middle and then came back to that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the lesson of two wrong don't make a right

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a great lesson to this story. A lot of people can relate to this. It's amazing how one action can ruin a person's life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how this story had a lesson behind it

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a very good story, and lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this story has a valuable lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a really good lesson to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked how the story started with the dialogue, and how it all had a lesson behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lesson that came from the story was great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the story and the lesson it had behind it

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked the moral of the story. I liked the hook and how you used it again later in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very good story, well written, and good plot line.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved the narrator in this story. It can be hard to do the right thing especially in such a difficult situation, but she did it anyways even though she was pressured not to

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not that original, but good all around story.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Story, very well written, plot was incredible

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the lesson in the story and your story was really good

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woah. Great story, very sad too. I would feel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  26. There is a great moral to this story and a great way to wrap it up in the end showing that she learned her lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good lesson nice story

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good story with a lesson, like how you started the story.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great lesson to this story. I like the flashback.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the dialogue

    ReplyDelete
  31. This has a very good moral and it was conveyed well.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The story was well written and had a valuable lesson that everyone needs to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is why public pools have a "no pushing" sign. But it wasn't completely stupid of the protagonist to stay with the victim, which made this story good.

    ReplyDelete
  34. i really like how the story started.

    ReplyDelete