Thursday, February 2, 2017

#23 A Girl Named Mia

A Girl Named Mia
She could see the doctors from up above, walking out of the O.R. Sad looks on their faces, as if they had done everything in their power, but they still couldn't save her. She saw her mom and dad in the waiting room. When they noticed the surgeons, the look on their faces became worried, until they heard the words. She didn't know exactly what was said but she was quite sure it was something like “Ma’am, Sir, we did everything we could, but we couldn't save your daughter. We’re sorry for your loss.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TWO WEEKS BEFORE
I went down stairs and was greeted by my mom with, “Good Morning Mia, how many cinnamon rolls do you want?”
“Thanks for breakfast, and can I have two please.”
She threw them on a plate for me; I grabbed my phone, keys, and out the door I went. When I got to school I saw my best friend Paige.
“OH MY GOD! Did you see that post Avery made about you? How are you even at school right now? You REALLY shouldn't be here.”
I rolled my eyes, Paige is always over exaggerating everything that happens.
“No Paige, if I’ve told you once I've told you a thousand time, I don't have time to check my phone in the morning. What’d it say this time?”
“Here I’ll get let you read it yourself.”
“Whatever I’m over it,” I said to Paige, “She isn't worth it.”
But all day I couldn’t stop thinking about her post. Avery had been saying rude things and making remarks toward me since Pre-K. It was always just at school; in one ear out the other.  It never really bothered me until a few weeks ago. There’s this new app called Usay. Avery didn’t care what other people thought, and used Usay to take more and more digs at me. It seemed like the bullying was unstoppable. I didn't want people to think I was weak, so I just acted like it didn't bother me.
The bell rang for the end of the day, I was walking out to my car when I saw her.
“HEY AVERY!” I yelled.
“What do you want now?” said asked back rolling her eyes.
“STOP posting about me. If you don't knock it off, you're going to have some problems coming your way.”
“Oh SHUT UP! You're to much of a baby to do anything about it.”
I turned around, took a deep breath, got in my car, and drove away.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A WEEK BEFORE
Things had only changed a little. Post were still being made, except they were personal. I wanted it all to end. I thought about killing myself, but I new that would ruin my family. I didn’t want to hurt them too, but would it save me from the pain? Maybe. I would stay up all night just reading the post, wondering why she choose me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE DAY BEFORE
I got up, feeling awful. I hadn’t been to school since last Wednesday, and knew today wouldn't be any better. I told my mom I still didn’t feel very good, she didn't really care when I went to school. She always looked at it as my own choice and the homework I had to make up. It was around 3 in the afternoon when I got up. I just layed around and watched Grey’s Anatomy all day. I was almost done with season 5, if that says how much I haven’t done. I went to check my phone, I hadn’t checked much in a few days. Paige had texted me everyday, but I was short. Just told her I didn't feel well.

I read the post and knew tomorrow was the day. I was going to end it all. Avery wouldn't see it coming. It was all going to change. I would get up and get ready as if everything was better. I didn't want anyone to know it was going to happen before I was done.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE DAY OF
I walked down stairs, “Good Morning Mom, I think I’m going to go to school today!”
“Great Sweetie! Hope you have a good day!”
“Thanks mom, I love you!”
I walked into the garage to get in my car and grabbed the gun. My parents thought they had it hidden, but I knew where it was. There’s this little wooden compartment under the rug where they kept it. I stuck it in my bag. I drove all they way to Avery's house. I got out of the car, filled with rage. I went up and rang the doorbell.

Avery opened the door, “Why the f..” BANG! I pulled the trigger. Avery feel to the ground. Blood went everywhere. The neighbors opened their doors and I heard police sirens. I put the gun down, and sat on the ground, thankful the bullying was over.

.

40 comments:

  1. Oh my. I didn't expect that at all. Woah, wow. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah did not see that coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plot twist at the end, I like the way you made the post look realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh snap! Wasn't expecting that! Great dialogue. Just wish the bullying part wasn't so realistic. 🙁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I don't think anyone saw that coming it was a great build up to an unexpected outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good story but very sad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Story! Love the plot twist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it! The bullying is something that happens now. I loved all the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plot twist really makes this story stand out. When people think of bulling, it's always about suicide. But it isn't, and its important to show the other side of being hurt by bulling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad story but good plot twist. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Story! Didn't see the plot twisting coming

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sad, but a great story. The plot twist is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going to that extreme seems kinda extreme, but okay, it's her choice. What a great ending!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great story loved the ending

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice story and the plot twist.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the plot twist, great story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The plot twist was great and so was your story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good story and didn't expect the ending at all

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked the plot twist.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did not expect the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great all around story, the end is way too real. Bullying is not a joke. Also, on a side note, several people said they liked the ending. Is anyone else disturbed by that?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like how you set up the story, very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It had a great plot twist. Liked how you showed the status updates.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dang I love how she killed Avery and not herself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed this story though, because it was very original and I thought I had the ending figured out, but I wasn't expecting that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great story, probably my favorite story so far.(:

    ReplyDelete
  27. I liked how it was realistic and I liked how it was put together

    ReplyDelete
  28. Predictable but with well written characters

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wasn't expecting that! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great plot twist and overall great story.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great plot twist, is don't see it coming

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great plot twist and it was very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really didn't expect the ending, I wish she would've found a different solution other than killing someone.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Was not excepting that!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the twist and the dialogue

    ReplyDelete
  36. The twist at the end was amazing

    ReplyDelete