Wednesday, February 8, 2017

#38 Spring Break

It was the year of 2015. I was a senior in high school, eighteen years old, I was known as one of the “good kids” that just did “stupid stuff”, I grew up in a rich family, I was pretty popular, but I was getting into bad stuff, I never worked for anything in my life, until the night my life changed forever.
It was a friday and spring break started this weekend and went all next week. Me and my friend Cody were hanging out at his house and he mentioned his parents were going on vacation during our spring break. “Lets throw a huge spring break party,” I exclaimed.
“Let's get this invite list going then!” Cody agreed.
We made the invite list and invited all the girls and guys we wanted, when we counted up all the people there was around some like 400 people invited. We were wondering how we were going to provide enough “stuff” for the party. We had no idea, but we were still not going to trim the list. After we talked about the party for a little bit, I went home so I could eat dinner with my family.
I got a call from Cody, he said “Chris, I sent an invite to everyone 18 minutes ago, and 286 people have already responded and said they are coming.”
“Maybe this party is a little too much, earlier when we were talking about it it didn't seem that bad, now it just seems way too big.”
“Dont worry man, we can handle it and we are going to have a great time,” Cody said as he let out a slight yawn.
Saturday night
“Ya cody i'm pulling up to your house now,” Chris said.
“Alright, come on inside, the doors unlocked,” Cody said with excitement.
I walked straight inside Cody’s house and there was already a few people there, the clock read: 6:45. Music was jamming, I couldn't hear very much, and I didn't see Cody anywhere. Everyone was crowding around me trying to talk to me, but I just wanted to go see Cody, so I was asking everyone where he was, there were a few people i didn't recognise at all, one of them was wearing a southside high school football shirt, I hated that school, everyone was poor and out to get me and cody, so right then and there I knew I had to find him soon. I went up the stairs, and I heard some rumbling and some yelling, but I couldn't really understand what was being yelled over the extremely loud music. The yelling was coming from the bathroom, I had no idea what I was about to walk into. I walk into the bathroom, light are off and everything, first step I take in I get tackled to the ground, the guy who tackled me was definitely a football player because I got smoked. Cody was yelling and i could hear a few other guys in here with us. I was looking around and then they started dragging Cody out of there, they were yelling stuff on the lines of “the stuff” and “giving them their money.” I didn't have any idea what they were talking about. After a few seconds it had come to me, earlier that week Cody was talking about selling some stuff to a few guys from southside. I knew they were after us, Cody and I. They started to drag both of us down the stairs, Cody was yelling sorry, but I couldn't talk back because they had put something in my mouth. We finally got down the stairs and the guys were dragging us towards the back door. They dragged us out the door and they took us around the corner towards a street that not many people live on or go on. Then we heard “Get on the ground!”
The cops were there in an instant. I thought me and Cody were going to be fine. I thought wrong. They searched us, and found “dope” on me and Cody. The cops asked me what we were doing with it, and I had nothing to say, I was so lost on how that would've gotten there in my pocket. We got taken to the county jail for having the drugs on us and for the party that had adult beverages and we were all minors. They told us we had to stay for seven days in the jail.
On our second day in jail, Cody told me something that made me change my perspective on life, and made me realize how much of a bum I am, he told me that he had been selling drugs and alcohol for a long while, and had been making a profit. “How did those drugs get in my pockets then?” I said angrily.
“I put them in your jacket pockets so if something happened like the other day, I wouldn't be the only one in trouble,” Cody cried.
“We are done bro, i'm done hanging out with you,” I replied.
I knew I needed to get a job then, even though I was financially covered by my parents, I knew I couldn't be doing stuff like this all the time, I needed to grow up for good, considering I am 18.
Once I got out of Jail, I went back to my parents, filled out many job applications, and started to get my life straightened out. No more parties, no more Cody, no more messing around. Seriousness.

I found myself a nice girlfriend, with a nice job. Her name is Jennifer. After about a week or so I got hired at Home Depot, making a little bit of cash as a high school student. I learned a lot from that little experience I had over spring break, I'm actually kind of glad I went through it.

45 comments:

  1. That was a great story, and I loved the moral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Home Depot and drugs so all around I love this story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. I like the lesson to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jk drugs are for thugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a good moral that is very relateable reminds me of someone I used to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how accurate these characters are to high school

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good story I like the moral great overall

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good moral and good story overall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lesson being taught is good. I liked how the plot changed from a great party night, to going to jail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good overall I liked the moral

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good lesson to teach the juvenile kids in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Realistic because parties get busted all the time. Good Story !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Overall really good story and moral

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad he learned his lesson

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great plot and good moral. Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good story and DONT DO DRUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liked the moral of the story

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how Chris straightened his life out. Great moral. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how Chris decided to turn his life around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good plot. Glad he changed how he lives his life

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great moral of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for him, he saved himself before his friend could ruin his life

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like how Chris was able to learn the importance of choosing your friends and who to spend your time with and was able to turn his life around after that

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great moral and good story

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the lesson it taught.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I liked how Christ changed his life around

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like how that incident changed his life

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice story and great moral

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great moral to he story!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i like how chris decided to grow up and get a job. i'm upset because his friend framed him pretty much

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great moral to he story!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good lesson to the story

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good lesson to learn

    ReplyDelete
  35. It sucks that Chris had bad friends, but I'm proud that he made the decision to grow up and do more with his life.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It was a good lesson💯👌🏼😂

    ReplyDelete
  37. (There is a lesson to be learned in this story) Maybe drugs are bad

    ReplyDelete
  38. There is a great moral to this story.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like how in the end he gets his life back on track

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm glad Chris learned his lesson; it's sad kids think they have to turn to selling drugs to make money. Going to school, getting a good education, and doing what you love is the best way. And money isn't everything. :) Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete