Wednesday, February 8, 2017

#39 Bye, World

 Bye World

“Woah. What have I done?” as I look around I see chairs knocked over, some stranger next to me, and a billion phone calls from family on my phone.  What did I do last night?  I remember being with my friends and then everything becomes a blur.

My phone’s ringing, oh. It’s just Alissa. “Hey, what happened last night?”

“Clarissa, girl. You got crazy! You said we should go to Ryan’s big party and let’s just say you were a bit out of it. You also said that some guy named Keith was going to take you home.”

“Oh. My. Goodness. That must be who the stranger is,” I said before realizing it actually came out of my mouth. “I was so confused. What do I do? I have no idea where I am, or how to get home.”

“You could google where you are. Put in your home address, how far away are you?”

Oh no. I’m in Spoonville; everyone who lives here knows me! I am supposed to be the good girl. I’m supposed to be the one who does nothing bad, gets good grades, and stays to herself. What did I do? I have no idea how I am going to get out without them seeing me.

Now that I look at Keith, I do know him. I used to go to school with him before I left Spoonville for Forkville. He is waking up, what do I do?

I layed back down and looked over at him, “Morning.”

“Morning, last night was interesting,” he replied.

I just looked at him for a second, “What did happen? I remember some stuff, like going to Ryan’s party and then everybody dancing and stuff around me. What did I do?”

He sat there and laughed at me, apparently I was funny? “You were chill, let’s just say that. Last night you just, pretty sure there are videos.”

What! I grabbed my phone and looked on Snapchat, there I was. Everywhere. Everybody had videos of me, woah. My good girl image might’ve been a bit changed. God, what is wrong with me. I need to go home. “Hey, can I have a ride home? Also a hoodie to wear so people don’t see who I am. I don't want anything else to happen.”

“They're in the closet,” he replied smirking.

When I got home, my mom ran outside glaring. I knew I was in a crapload of trouble. “Mom I know, I stayed out all night. But I can explain,” oh no. How on earth am I going to explain? I know, I was just at my friends house and my phone died. Yeah, that.

My mom just grounded me to my room without much yelling. I don't think she believed me, mostly because she didn't say much. What if she saw the videos? Oh no, I need to actually look at them. Maybe this is all a dream.

As I looked through everybody's I saw myself doing all sorts of crazy stuff. What is wrong with me? Who got me to do it? I don't understand why I would ruin my reputation like this.

In times like this I have to remind myself that I am funny. I can make myself laugh and put this all behind me, except for everybody's’ snap stories. It is on the internet now. What is that?
A notification for a text popped up on my phone: Haha, dummy. Come downstairs. Your mom loves me and said I can take you out.

It was Keith again. What the heck? I don’t know. Fine, I’ll go.

As I went downstairs my mom told me to get a jacket and to be home by seven tonight. I shut the door behind me and gasped. He had a yellow lamborghini and flowers. I hadn’t seen him in so long. Well, before last night, so I was so confused. “What is all this?”

“What? You left so early this morning. I thought you were scared so I wanted to help you out. I also realized that I missed talking to you. You know, I used to like you,” I had no idea. I liked him too. My face is getting hot, what am I supposed to say?

“I actually didn’t know that,” I giggled. “So you say you liked me, and miss me? Well I miss you, and I liked you too,” I laughed. What was I doing, honesty. Wow, I need help though keeping my mom from finding out about last night.

“About last night, I hope you know nothing happened between us. I didn’t want to do anything while you were out of it,” thanks. I wish somebody hadn’t gotten me to drink. I don’t want any negative consciences.

My phone started ringing. “Hello?”

“I know what you did last night. I also know your mom would be furious.”

“Who is this?”

“That’s not important. What is important is that you know you can trust me. I was there last night and I saw somebody put something in your cup.”

“What! What did the person look like?”

“Well, I know who it was. He took you home, and called himself Keith,” I looked over at Keith. I don’t know what to believe, I am over this.

“I don’t know who you are, but end this call. I don’t know if you’re being honest. I don’t know anymore. I am done!” I ended the call.

I look over to Keith and motion to pull over, “Take me home, now.”

“Why?”

“I don’t even know. Just take me home, I don’t want to be with anyone I can’t trust. I don’t know you.”

“Yes you do, and you can trust me. Come on, what’s wrong?” I don’t know if I will be able to get all of my words out. I am so mad, I don’t know who to trust.

“You. You are what’s wrong with me. I don’t know what happened last night. I have never done anything and last night got crazy. I remember telling everyone no. That I wouldn’t get drunk, I wouldn’t do anything. Now it is all over the internet and my family is going to be so disappointed. I was just told that you put something in my cup. I don’t know if it is true or not. But I am done with this. Take me home.”

“Clarissa, stop. Calm yourself. I didn’t do that, and I can get people to take it off the internet. Remember, I go to a school for tech geniuses. They can take snaps off of anything. And anything off of the internet. I actually already had them do it, if you want to check.”

What? He already did that, no. Yay. But wow, “Thank you, and I’m sorry I blew up. I just keep over thinking. What am I going to do about my mom? She is mad at me still.”

“You could come clean, I know y---” he tried to say. We were finally at the place we were going to go, and I jumped out of the car before he could finish. We were at a place we always used to go to eat! We went to Forks n Spoons.

“You didn’t!” I exclaimed. But my mom was there. She just looked at me and told me she was fine. As long as I knew better, she said that I was grounded, but I was still able to do sports and be with friends. I just wasn’t able to go to parties anymore. Ever.

That was actually terrible news to me because, to be honest, I most definitely don't want to give up partying. It was so fun, and I'm not ready to stop.

Bang! The door opened and cops arrived, “Mam, you're coming with us. There was video evidence of you doing highly illegal things and so now you are going to jail for a very long time.” But to make matters worse, my new love looked at me and mouthed the words we are so done. I'm ruined, I'm done. Life is over, my reputation is down the drain. I am never getting into a good college, bye world.


42 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so crazy I can't believe they got going that fast when they hit it, I wished they would have lived though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe that's so sad, I can't believe they all died..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story was so sad I can't believe no one made it out of the crash alive..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they died at the end, I'm so surprised

    ReplyDelete
  7. 😭😭😭 so sad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's sad how she just feel in love and then had to go to jail and he ended it. Very good though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad story, but good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad story but still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you put in that if it's on the internet it never goes away even if you delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's terrible, why do most of the good stories have death with them? Great detail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good story, the ending caught me off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very complicated plot

    ReplyDelete
  16. good story. Very good plot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sad story but very good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awh how sad, the ending surprised me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sad story, but good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sad story but good

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked how the plot was set out

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the moral about things going on the internet, they never come off of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sad story, but good moral about drinking

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good but sad story. The ending surprised me. I wasn't expecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i didn't expect the ending, but good lesson about how things never get erased from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so sad that she went to jail

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's very true that things never dissapear from the internet, and its good that Clarissa learned her lesson, but it's sad to see she lost her freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It was so sad how everything that she had and loved came crashing down around her after one mess up

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like how it shows how bad decisions can really affect us, even if they may not seem like a big deal at first

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great and sad story!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was a great story

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sad story, I liked how it showed the effects of bad decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think there's a good lesson about not putting yourself in the situation, but I really wonder about Keith and slipping something into her drink. If he didn't do it, then was she just acting that way because...??? Unfortunately, I think the situations she faced in the story are real dangers teens have to deal with today and I'm glad the writer addressed them.

    ReplyDelete