Tuesday, February 7, 2017

#31 Miami Florida Breakup

Miami Florida Breakup
“I’m heading on my way to the airport. So excited to go to Miami, Florida for a little vacation!!” @amandafrinkajean posted two hours ago. Uggghh. I hate airports. There are so many people. Let me give you a little background on how I arrived at the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. About a month ago, my boyfriend, Bryan, wanted to take a break in our relationship. He was a handsome guy with brown hair and blue ocean eyes. I thought he was the one. We had been together for five years when he said that he wanted to take a break from us. I was like, “WHAT, why are you doing this?” All he said was he needed to figure things out.
For a couple of weeks, I was an absolute wreck. I cried myself asleep thinking about how much I still loved him. Suddenly, I woke up one morning and knew I had to get my life back together. I decided to go on a vacation. What better place to go to than Miami, Florida! Now I am currently at the airport with two screaming kids behind me. It is so annoying. This is a perfect time to remind me why I am never having kids in my LIFE. They are horrible monsters. Finally, I get through the line and hand the lady my ticket. She smiles and says, “You are good to go.” I go through the security checkpoints and get on my flight without any problems. “Heading for takeoff. Heading for takeoff.” I'm finally in the air! It’s a good thing I'm not afraid of heights because we are really high up in the air. This is really relaxing, though. Why didn't I do this a long time ago?
“Ma'am. Uhh, ma'am. You have to get off this plane now. You're flight is over,” a flight attendant politely says.
“Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was over. I must have been sleeping. Oops!”
Wow! How did I sleep through a whole flight? Well, I'm here Florida! I get up and off the plane. As soon as I walk out the airport, all I can see is beautiful palm trees, huge buildings, and breathtaking beaches. It is the prettiest thing in the world. All I can think is Bryan would be so jealous right now. It is also extremely hot, though. I take a cab to the hotel and settle in for the night. The hotel is full of couples, but it doesn't bother me. I can have just as much fun by myself and I will. In the morning, I decide to go down and eat breakfast. They have pancakes, waffles, bagels, muffins, sausage, eggs, and so much more! I take all that I can get and bring it back to the table and eat. Afterwards, I decide to go out and shop. There are so many amazing stores to see and go inside to look around. I also see some beautiful sites along the way. Before I realize it, the day has gone by and night has come. I go back to the hotel and decide to order room service. I hear a knock on the door and I answer it.
“Bryan. What are you doing here?” I asked surprised.
“I'm here to get you back. I realize I can't live without you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me!”
“I don't know what to say. I'm in shock.”
“Just think about it. I'll be here for the night, but I'm leaving in the morning. I booked a room next to yours,” Bryan smiled.
“Ok.”
“I love you.” He left. I lay on the bed thinking about everything. Why now? It has been a month since he wanted a break from us. I don't know what to do. I couldn't sleep that night. It seemed like forever, but it turned back into morning. I woke up and knew what I had to do. I couldn't wait so I went to Bryan’s room right away.
“I have made my decision. I don't have any feelings for you anymore. I'm sorry.”

“Oh. Ok. I knew it was a long shot but I had to try. Take care of yourself.” I could tell by the look on his face that I had broken his heart the same way he broke mine a month ago. I left that room feeling horrible, but I knew it was the right thing to do. After that, I packed up my stuff and went back home. It didn't feel right to stay. I wasn't in the mood to vacation anyways. I never saw Bryan again. I always wondered what we could've been.
Two years later, I married and had a kid shortly after. How ironic that I would have a kid, right? I guess they aren't so bad after all.

43 comments:

  1. Great story, the ending was hilarious. So brutal! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great ending especially when she reflected back to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very realistic, I enjoyed the breakfast part

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very realistic I'm glad she didn't give in to that meany and moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very realistic and good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ending made me laugh good story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very realistic Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad she moved on, he doesn't deserve her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice story, funny how she had a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Realistic story and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how he came to find her. Very good story, liked the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm proud to see the main character gathered the strength to make a hard decision, and it allowed her to get closure and move on. This was a very realistic story, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it very realistic

    ReplyDelete
  14. I felt like this story could actually happen, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the main characters original assessment of children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good story! I like how she ended up having kids even when she said she wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Realistic, but it reminds be of myself because I don't want kids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good change of heart

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how realistic this story is, I liked the ending for several reasons. The first for the fact that she didn't get back with Bryan, and had the strength to make a tough decision, that would probably be better in the long run. I also like the fact that she was able to move on, and find someone new who she was able to settle down with

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't expect the ending

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very realistic, I like how she had a kid even though she said that she would never have one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was surprised when Bryan showed up and even more surprised she turned him down. Good story

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very realistic, I like how she said she wouldn't have kids but she did anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta story, my favorite part was the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good story I like how realistic it was!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great story, very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good she found the right man. Proud of her

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very realistic and good

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great story! Loved the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like how she didn't get back with Bryan because that wasn't the right time for him to try and get her back.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great description of everything

    ReplyDelete
  33. What happened to Bryan, did he become a crack dealer? A dentist? I need to know. Great story about a girl who knows what she wants in life.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like how the narrator doesn't need Bryan to feel good about herself. Also, that she is confident to take a vacation by herself. The little details like the kids at the airport add depth to the story. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very descriptive and realistic

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing writing. Truly amazing. Wow. Wow. Take that, punk. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very realistic . Great story

    ReplyDelete
  38. Good for her for going and finding someone else. Bryan seemed kind of stalker like in the way that he knew what hotel and what room the main character was in...

    ReplyDelete