Tuesday, February 7, 2017

#34 The Boy of Fall

“Do I really have to do this?” I asked my best friend Cameron.
He nodded at me then said, “You lost the bet.”
I sighed as I clicked on Instaface, which is the most popular form of social media. The bet was if I didn’t land the bottle flip, I had to make an account or I would have to go against the entire varsity football team and I’m only a freshmen. “Ok, fine,” I grumbled. First question: Name- Josiah Grey, insert a picture of yourself; i put in my football picture from this year. Second question: describe yourself (outward appearance)- I’m tall, blond hair, blue eyes, strong build, straight smile. More questions: goals- I said to become a starter this year. Habits/quirks- I bite my lower lip when I’m nervous, likes: football, dislikes: math. Relationship status: none but I only really like this super attractive sophomore named Mary Jane but i doubt that she even knows who I am….
The next morning we got up and went to football practice. When we got to practice, all of the football players were standing around looking at the cheerleaders. Asher was mad, as usual; he was always kind of a hot head and thought that the attention should always be on him, so to get the attention on him he decides to say that he is talking to Mary Jane. Everyone started freaking out and was like no way, but I just stood there quietly and thought No way is right, a sweet girl like that would never be talking to an arrogant guy like you….
I waited for Mary Jane after I got done with practice, when I saw her and I went over and said, “Hi, I’m Josiah Grey, I know that we haven’t talked very much but are you talking to Asher Jones?”
“No I’m not,” she said, I gave a sigh of relief. “Why?” she asked.
“Oh, um, no reason, it’s not like I wanted to date you or anything, I mean you’re pretty but you aren’t looking for a boyfriend right now, unless you are?” I said biting my lower lip.
“You’re too cute, if you wanted to go on a date with me you should’ve just said so, what were you thinking?” she said cutely, which made it even harder to respond to.
“I was thinking that Homecoming is coming up and I was wondering if you had a date yet?” I asked curiously.
“I don’t have a date and I would love for you to take me,” she said as we both exchanged numbers and then waved goodbye, today was finally my day…….
Most people don’t know this but I struggle hard core with math so my parents thought that it was a good idea for me to have a math tutor. Her name is Ashlynn Green and she’s pretty cute I mean nothing compared to Mary Jane but I like a girl with a brain too. She came over to help me tonight and we talked a little about Homecoming. “I’m going with Mary Jane, can you believe this Ash I mean you probably can’t but still, I can’t believe that the prettiest girl in school wants to go to Homecoming with me,” I said excitedly.
“Jo, is that all you care about? A girl who can look good infront of all of your friends?” Ashlynn said sassy. Even though I am terrible at talking to girls Ashlynn was one exception, in fact she’s the only one that I let call me Jo instead of Josiah.
“What’s wrong Ash?” I said in a concerning tone.
“Josiah Grey if you can’t realize why I’m upset then you never will, I hope you and Mary Jane are very happy together!” she exclaimed as she grabbed her stuff and stormed out of my house leaving me all confused…..
Mary Jane and I thought it would be best if we met each other at the dance. We found each other we started dancing right away and then a slow song came on. All of a sudden Asher comes over with his face as red as a tomato, he was really mad.
“Grey! What are you doing with my girl!” exclaimed Asher.
“Your girl!” I replied, “I don't know what your talking about but Mary Janes my girl tonight.”
“Mary Jane, will you please tell this idiot that you're mine!” demanded Asher.
“I… I,” Mary Jane studerred.
“Spit it out Mary Jane!” yelled Asher.
“Don't talk to her like that man,” I told Asher.
“Don't tell me what to do Freshman!” Asher announced loudly and then started to shove me. We started fighting until the point when the teachers had to come over and break us up. By that time we both had messed up hair, our ties were everywhere, and he had a bloody nose and I had a bloody mouth. We were in a lot of trouble but after I went and sat down on the bleachers I saw everyone look over at the doorway, it was Ashlynn and she was so beautiful. I went over to her and she tried to ignore me but then she saw my busted lip and looked like she felt sorry but then replied sassily, “well it serves you right, Jo, for fighting over a girl.” Then we both started laughing and she gave me a hug, I looked at her and asked her if she wanted to dance and she said yes. I was now at the dance with the most perfect girl for me and nothing could ruin this moment.

But then…. Mary Jane came over and explained how she accidentally told Asher that she was going to the dance with him and apologized for the inconvenience she caused me. I told her it was fine because I was with Ash now and everything was fine.

38 comments:

  1. That was a good story, crazy twists

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good story with a good moral of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite realistic, this happens to me every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always go after your dream gilmnice story

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how he went for what he wanted. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good story pretty realistic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how a lot of kids can relate to this story

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the conflict😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish boys fought over me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad he won the fight

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the fact that they resolved it in the end.

    It was a better love story than twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story! I'm glad Josiah ended up with Ashlynn instead of Mary Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great plot and characters

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fight at the dance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great plot loved the story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how he got to be with the girl he wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked how sweet he was towards the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I really like how he ended up with Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was a cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great story, I like the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The fight at the dance was really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Mary Janes name.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the story it was realistic

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good he ended up with right girl

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like how he went after what he wanted. I also liked how he was able to realize who was actually better for him and how there's more to girls than looks

    ReplyDelete
  27. They shoulda kept fighting, have the students throw out bets. Also, i liked how it ended.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good story and pretty realistic

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like how Josiah has no idea why Ashlynn is mad, though it's very obvious to the reader (or at least the female readers). I think you captured teen relationships well. It all works out for the best after a little (or a lot) of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great way to show teenage relationships

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like how he ended up with the other girl

    ReplyDelete