Monday, February 6, 2017

#28 My Experience

My name is Sean I live in city called Bloomington and the population is about 130,000 people.  I live with my mom, brother, and also my sister. We loved it in Bloomington until one day my mom told us we had to move. I didn’t understand why we had to move until my mom exclaimed, “I don’t have the money for this month's rent.”
I looked at her as if I didn’t feel good. I knew that we had to move when she said that, and I knew that we didn’t have any place to go. So I had to go around downtown to go get job applications. I was walking around for hours just trying to get job applications and then I went back home and told my mom that I was going to help us get our own place.
She said, “You don’t have to, honey.”
“I want to, Mom. You did a lot for us kids and took care of us and you deserve all the help you need. And we have to stick together.”
I wanted to help her out. Then her good friend from grade school told my mom that we could stay with her until we get back on our feet. It took a lot of weight off my mom's shoulders. I could tell that she was still stressed, but I could tell that it gave my mom relief. I didn’t like the fact that we were living in the country and I knew I wasn’t going to like it because I’m more of a city person.
When we got to Fenton I looked at my surroundings and things I could do and there was nothing at all fun to do. We were literally in the country. I wish we didn’t have to move, honestly. I kept telling myself that maybe it will get better, so we got settled in and had a good time for our first day being there at the house. A few days go by and my mom asked me if I was going back to school or getting a job. I told her I was going to go back to school. That made my mom proud.
I felt better about enrolling in school because it would get me out of the house and I could meet new people. I don’t like being at school, but it will give me something to do and I wanted to play football again. And seeing my older brother graduate made me wanna graduate, too. My mom called the school and set up a meeting so I could get signed up for classes. I wanted to graduate so I could go far in life and get a good job.
So today is the day of my meeting to get enrolled. The guidance counselor, Mrs. Ramon, offered me to do this one schooling outside of the actual high school where I would go for a few hours and come home. But I wanted to be in an actual school around other people. Plus, I could play football for an actual high school. Mrs. Ramon said, “Great! You will be starting school today and I will get your schedule for your classes!”
I told Mrs. Ramon, “Thank you” as she headed to the printer to get my schedule.  
My mom began to get up from her chair and gave me a hug and told me to have a good first day at school. I told her, “Thank you, and you have a good day, too.”
I sat in the office until first hour was over because one of the teachers I didn’t know asked if I wanted to go to first hour or sit in the office. I said, “I’ll just sit in the office until first hour is over.” I didn't want to walk in right in the middle of class.
As first hour ends, I go to second hour, which is science and we were watching a movie learning about whatever it was I can’t remember. Then after science I went to my third hour class, which is English. I had to introduce myself to the whole class and what I like to do. I said calmly, “My name is Sean, I came from a big city named Bloomington and I like to play sports, hang out with friends, and I like to draw.” Mr. Skrewert introduced me to the class and told them about the stuff I like.
After class I asked Mr. Miles about playing football because he is the coach he told me, “Yah you can go over there today. Meet us over there behind the middle school.”
I ended up going out for football and enjoyed my time meeting new classmates and teammates. We went to state and despite falling short of a championship title, we still ended up second in state.
Even though I was unsure about going back to school, I made a lot of friends, got good grades, did a lot of fun activities and went to homecoming. Overall, it’s been a great year.

39 comments:

  1. I like how realistic this story is, and I like Mr. Skrewert he sounds dope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good story. I liked how everything turned out okay and that he decided to go back to school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy story! I enjoyed the names, and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story i like the plot with the town of Fenton

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a pretty cool story I'm not sure which part was the climax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good and realistic. The ending was the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good realistic story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the names were very clever. And the fact that the main character was willing to get a job to help out his family really shows how kind the main character is. It's inspiring to see how determined the main character is to graduate and succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked how people could relate to the story. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very realistic. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very realistic and nice story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very realistic story. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how realistic this is

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how Sean is able to have a great year even though they lost their house, very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how the character affected to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very realistic and great story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how realistic this story was. I also really liked how you could tell how the narrator had a huge heart and how much he loved his mom and was willing to help out

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really happy story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very realistic. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like me when I first moved here

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked the names you chose for the teacher

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very good Story, I like the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very realistic controls and I liked how he was able to have a good year even after losing their house

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how realistic this is!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i like how people can relate to moving to a new school and trying out for sports.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great story, I like how he met new friends

    ReplyDelete
  27. Something positive...finally

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anyone who has moved to a new school can probably really relate to this story! I like how the son really cared about his mom and family and how much he was willing to sacrifice for them. It's sweet, and glad it had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very realistic. Good story

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the realism in this story

    ReplyDelete
  31. Even though they lost their house, I'm glad they stil, had a good year

    ReplyDelete
  32. This reminds me of someone I know

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very realistic and had a happy ending

    ReplyDelete