Monday, February 6, 2017

#30 The Deadliest Catch

The Deadliest Catch
It was a brisk, cold morning in the small lakes of Minnesota. Only the creatures in the water would make a stir of noise as early as it was, except me, Scrappy Coco in my Alumacraft fishing boat. I’ve been a fisherman all my life and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I’m 6’2, 220 pounds with a trimmed beard. My whole life I have been looking to catch my arch nemesis and dream fish. The one they call Franky the Fish. He is the biggest fish in North America and they say he is roaming these frigid waters. No one really knows if he is out there or not, but there have been numerous sightings around this area. I’m looking to be the one that can catch this monster fish, but I would not know what I had coming to me that day.
It started at six in the morning when I woke up. I thought to myself this is it, this is the day I catch the monster. I had some egg whites and sausages for a good morning’s breakfast and I sat down and read the paper. As the newspaper’s headline read, “Franky Strikes Again.” Stating that yet another person has been killed by this dreaded monster. I knew I had a long day ahead of me.
“That no good flea bitten goose has done it again,” I said to myself.
I got the boat ready for another long haul set out to find and catch Franky once and for all. Every single time I come close to reeling in this monstrosity, he always gets off my line. This time is different though, I have equipped myself with fishing line that has a 50 pound breaking point and a rod that has been proven to not be able to break under numerous amounts of pressure. As I arrived to Farm Lake, I noticed that there was a dense fog on the water. Every ripple that I make with my Alumacraft fishing boat could possibly stir the water up for Franky to surface himself. I casted out my heavy duty line into the water where Franky has been spotted numerous times. Reel in, cast out. Reel in, cast out. Reel in, cast out. Hours have passed but nothing seems to be working for me as I tried one last time. I threw out that line one more time in hope of something when suddenly, BAM! I get the biggest bite of my entire life and the biggest fish in my entire life right on my line. It’s Franky.
I said to Franky frantically, “I have a very particular set of skills. Skills that allow me to do things most other people can’t. I will find you, I will catch you, and I will kill you.”
“I don’t care about you or your stupid skills Mr. Coco,” Franky said. “You will never catch me alive in my swamp! Never!”
He struggles to get off my line, but he is no match for my super duty pole and line. I pull him closer to the boat as he still has some fight left in him, he pulls and pulls, but gets too tired and finally he gives up. I pulled his scaley lookin’ fins in the boat and measured him. 53 inches, 28 pounds.
A world record if I’ve ever seen one, I thought to myself.
Later that night I got him stuffed and mounted on my wall in my cabin. This one went in the record books for sure.

Suddenly, Franky jumped off the mount and told me, “Do you really think you could kill me Mr. Coco? No I kill you.” Franky jumped with his razor-sharp teeth and bit my head off whole. With Franky hiding my body, I was never to be seen again. No Questions asked, no witnesses, no worries. The End.

38 comments:

  1. I love how the fish can talk, and it was funny. The ending had me say, "Oh." That was the only thing I could think. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hilarious! Especially the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fish is a menace he has to be stopped it's not safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny and I enjoyed the fact that the fish could talk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story and good story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the plot of this story. I liked how the fish could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good story. Very funny and a great overall story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved how the fish could talk and it was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Taken reference. The story was very amusing, and kept me on my toes the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny story, and love the reference to Taken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the suspense. Great story! I also love that the fish can talk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was so funny and so much suspense

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny and great story

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the fish could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the ending, very funny (especially the talking fish).

    ReplyDelete
  16. This story was very funny, I liked how the fish could talk. The ending was very unexpected though, I was happy for the narrator that he caught the fish, but then I had very conflicted feelings and wasn't quite sure how to feel when the fish killed him

    ReplyDelete
  17. This story destroyed everything I know about fish, never knew they could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the detail in your story and how the fish could talk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did not expect the ending

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative. I sure hope this never happens to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The story had a lot of detail about the boat and the line and everything else. I did not expect the ending at all. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Didn't expect the ending but it was really good

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was a really funny story with great detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good story, did not expect the ending

      Delete
  24. Great detail the ending was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was funny and a good story

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm in love with this

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really enjoyed the suspense and humor of the narrator. The talking fish really cracked me up and that ending... lol It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good story made me laugh 😂

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was a humorous story

    ReplyDelete
  30. Was the fish Nemo!?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow plot twist great story

    ReplyDelete
  32. Proves that you should be volunteering at a charity or something instead of fishing, much motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  33. "No questione asked"?? I have so many questions

    ReplyDelete